Sunday, December 2, 2007

Entry 12

Hi everybody,

my 12th entry on this week is about a wild flower_ Water-hyacinth. It's really funny when I have been attracted by a really sad beauty of a wild plant "Water-hyacinth" in a small restaurant. The special thing is that these flowers were not only used to decorate for a dish but also used to eat with the dish.

The water-hyacinth plants drift and live on the rivers in Vietnam. They have green color and purple flowers. In the past, Vietnamese women's conditions were usually likened to these plants because of their unstable life.

I brought two branches of the most fresh flowers to home. However, I couldn't keep it's fresh and beauty for a long time. In fact, water- hyacinth flowers' conditions are the same their sad purple color. They will wilt very soon after they are picked up from the plants. That was the reason why I drew these flowers by my memory. When I went home, the flowers wilted. I put them to a plastic bottle of water. I put them to a plastic bottle instead of a beautiful vase because I want to keep their wild and simple beauty. Then, I drew them depend on my memory about the fresh flowers and the shape of the wilted flowers in the bottle by pencil and colored pencils . Then, I scanned it to the computer.




Next, I cut the main picture and put it in the new layer on Photo Shop program. After that, I gave a new layer with purple color on the top of the image layer. Finally, I got the below picture.




Next, I used the lighting effect and changed a little bit to get the below image.


Then I saved it with TIFF file and imported it to Illustrator Program. I edited the text here.

No comments: