Sunday, November 4, 2007

Entry 3: Artificial Peacock from natural materials





Hi everyone,

My idea came from the peacock image which I took when I went to a zoo.

To design the second peacock image, I must think about which material should be used.

When I saw the fern trees of my father, I was attracted by their leaves shape. They are really like feathers of the real peacock. In addition, both of the real peacock and the fern leaves come from nature. They have a connection to each other. I think that it is extremely suitable to combine them together.

Firstly, I collected the material to create my own peacock. they conclude three fern leathers, glue, water colors, three artificial leaves, a piece of paper-board, a white A3 size paper-board, and two tupes of gold and silver glitter glue.

Secondly, I sketched out a shape of peacock body without long feathers on the paper-board piece by pencil. Then, I drew and painted more perfectly and carefully by water-color. Now, I got a colorful picture of peacock body. Next, I put it in front of a fan in other that it's colors are dried more fastly.

Thirstly, I used green, violet and dark brown water colors to draw some feathers of the peacock on the A3 paper-board. After that, I glued three fern leathers between the water-color feathers and the largest one at the middle. Then, I glued three artificial leaves in front of the fern feathers.

After that, I glued the peacock body in front of the feathers and at the middle of the picture. Next, I decored my peacock by the glitter glue tupes.

Finally, I got a beautiful and impressive peacock (the 2nd image).

No comments: