Sunday, November 4, 2007

Entry 4: Rocks Decoration

























Last week, I collected three white rocks with different shapes in my garden. (1st image_one of them)
Then, I saw my dog, Lady was laying down on a carpet. (2nd image)
I thought that the rock shape has a connection with the shape of the dog so I decided to draw a laying dog on the white rock.
Firstly, I sketched a laying dog shape on the rock by pencil. Then, I drew and painted it by water-color. It was really difficult to draw it like my dog so I changed a little bit by using some different colors. Finally, I got a sleeping rock dog (3rd image).
However, it didn't finish my work. I thought that my rock dog could be disappeared because the water-color could be damaged by water.
That is the reason why I used a bottle of glossy lacquer to make a cover for my rock dog. It helped my dog be more safe by water and it more beautiful. (4th image)
You see. In the 5th image, my dog was really amazed by my rock dog.
Two rest rocks which were drawn faces of a woman and man which depended on rocks shapes. This design came from my idea about a happy couple. Depending on the rocks shapes, I imagined and sketched their faced on the rocks. Then, I also used water-color and glossy lacquer to make them as the same as making the rock dog. (6th image)
Finally, I got a happy family include a husband and wife and a lazy dog. Maybe I will make a rock house for them in the future. (7th image)



No comments: